COLORADO COACHING COMPETENCIES
- As a professional development tool for programs and initiatives that support coaching
- As a coaching self-reflective tool to review and strengthen skills and dispositions
- As a tool for promoting coaching as a profession
- To inform ongoing conversation on the role of coaching
- To support coaching efforts in Colorado
The Colorado Coaching Competencies: A Self-Reflective Tool serves as a reflective tool for those coaching to assess their own competencies in the following areas: Setting the Foundation, Co-Creating the Relationship, Communicating Effectively, and Cultivating Learning and Results. It can be instrumental to the developing coach, supporting them determine the next best steps to take on their path of professional development and growth. Currently, it is being used by students in the University of Colorado Denver Coaching Academy as a pre- and post-self-evaluation tool, as well as a way to reflect on the knowledge and skills they have gained.
The Self-Evaluation Tool is an invaluable resource for the developing coach. We trust you will use the document to periodically check-in on your own growth and development. We invite you to connect with us and other coaches through our website to share your story and progress, as well as gain insight from those on similar journeys to your own.